If you are planning your honeymoon in India, Kerala will be the perfect destination for you. This is because of the awesome scenic beauty prevailing in India. Why else will it be known as “God’s own country”?
Mentioned below are the top 5 honeymoon destinations in Kerala. Have a look!
1. Munnar: It is a beautiful hill station located near airport/railway station at Kochi.
2. Thekkady: This beautiful place is rich in jungle belonging to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary with Spice Village resort in the area.
3. Alleppy: It is famous for its backwaters and house boats.
4. Kovalam: It is famous for its beaches.
5. Poovar Islands: It lies on the southern tip of Kerala with a beautiful beach with waters on both sides. Truly mesmerizing!
The Distance Map:
Kochi to Munnar: 130 Kms (Approx 4 hrs)
Munnar to Thekkady: 85 Kms (Approx 3 Hrs)
Thekkady to Alleppy (Alappuzha): 160 Kms (Approx 4 Hrs)
Alleppy to Kovalam: 160 Kms (Approx 4 Hrs)
Kovalam to Poovar: 20 Kms (Half an hour)
Poovar to Thiruvananthapuram Airport: 30 Kms (Approx 1 Hr)
I am the kind of person who loves travelling. You will never see me without a map on my tours. I just love exploring new places. But, if you are not much of an out going kind of a person, you can always stay at The Leela in Kovalam for 3 days and then go to Poovar island resort for another 3 days. And people like me who love travelling can consider Munnar, Thekkady and Alleppy for 2 nights each. If you can spend about 10 days or more in Kerala, you can easily visit all the five places mentioned above.
Kerala is known for its beauty. You can visit the spice valley or the tea estates or walk through the sea in low tide to the Dharmadam Island with your spouse and make your honeymoon the most cherished vacation of your life.
The best time to visit Kerala is October to March. However, you can visit during other seasons too.