It is normal to get carried away by emotions and shop extravagantly during wedding. However, it takes some amount of creativity to be able to cut down the unwanted cost without sacrificing on the quality. The first step into achieving this is to sit and discuss. Discuss with your fiancé and your respective families and come up with the most and mandatory items for the wedding. Once you have this list you can easily narrow down your expenses on other no so important stuffs.
Today, we have come up with a few ideas to help you save those extra bucks in your wedding. Read on for the full proof Wedding tips:
1. Wedding Date: In India, the peak wedding season falls between April and September. Therefore, pick a date between November and March. This will cut down your cost by at least 20%. This way more venues will be available and you will get a personal concern from the vendors.
2. Limit alcohol consumption: Alcohol consumes a huge amount of your budget. Offer limited amount of alcohol to your guest. This will help you cut off the cost further. It is okay if you do not serve alcohol during Sangeet/Garba. If you are from Gujarat, alcohol and raas sticks won’t be the appropriate combination you are probably looking for at your wedding. Go for cheaper alternatives like Lassi. And for the cocktail hour, go for signature drink and some selected wines and beers.
3. Lighting: If you are not being able to fit your budget for wall LED lighting, it is okay. Limit the lighting to either the reception stage or to the entire wall. There is no harm in it. LED lights are charged per piece and plus you have the technician cost. So, if you have center stage lighting alone, your guests will be awe struck as their attention is drawn and also you will be able to cut down on the cost.
4. Linens: If you love linens but do not have the sufficient budget, here is what you can do. Simply use the white/beige table linen you will get from the venue and rent the chair covers. Now, get a chair sash/bow to match the main color on your centerpiece. Chair covers normally give the ballroom a richer feel and bring the required vibrancy. If you are not a big fan of chair covers, you also have the option of renting chivari chairs. But, here is the catch chivari chairs look opulent but are significantly expensive at the same time.
5. Centerpieces: Majority of the brides are inclined towards purchasing centerpieces from their decorators which usually range from $80 to $100/piece. However, you can significantly cut down the cost by being a little creative and thinking outside the box. Visit discount stores or order in bulk from India. They are much cheaper in the country. Plus, there is no compulsion to have extravagant flower arrangements to show elegance.
6. Cake: Cakes also consume a significant amount of your budget. Yes, four tier cakes look magnificent and so does the cost. But, if you are a huge fan for those four tier cakes, search for bakeries that give you the option of installing as many fake tiers as you choose for a minimum per tier charge. This way you can easily save a lot and at the same time get the look on the cake you always wanted.
7. Flowers: You can reuse the flowers from the wedding at your reception. If you have a different light and ambiance setting, they will look totally different. Add extra flower petals and tea lights to the cocktail tables. It will look elegant with no extra cost.
Top Search Term:
- indian wedding small budjet