An Indian wedding is a grand affair. Indians have many rituals to follow and as such wedding are given prime importance in this nation. It is always celebrated with prom and gander amidst family and friends. There are different preparations for different functions in a marriage. This is another reason why Indian weddings are greatly memorized even after so many years of existence. Of the many things given very high importance in Indian wedding, wedding dress is one of them.
The bride is the center of attraction of the marriage. Therefore, she has to be at her best with the best wedding dress, accessories and just the right amount of makeup. Brides start looking for their wedding dress months before in advance. They opt either from the sari, lehnga choli or salwar suit in India. Today, they come in variety of styles, colors and designs. Well it is obvious that brides are more concerned about dress than groom because they usually form the center of attraction. Brides need to choose the best wedding dress to look the best. We have therefore come up with a little guide to help you purchase your dream wedding dress.
- Set on a budget first and stick to it. It helps you to narrow down your search. Wedding dresses come in various price ranges and therefore deciding in the price range you wish to buy will help you safe time and avoid confusion.
- Brides-to-be should decide what type of dress she is planning to wear on her D-day. Today a lot of options are available from sari, lehenga choli to salwar suit. Therefore, it is important you decide the type first. The choice also depends on the region or community she belongs to.
- Once you are done deciding the type of dress you will wear, take into notice the season of the year. Season is a strong determiner and greatly assists on the type of fabric to pick up. Chiffon, georgette, net, etc. are perfect fabrics for summers. For winters, fabrics like silk, tissue, satin, velvet etc. are the best.
- Wedding dresses for Indian women have a lot of styles and designs. fish-cut lehnga, A-line lehnga, skirt type lehnga, straight cut lehnga, churidars suit, A-line suits, bridal saree, lehnga style saree, fish cut sari etc are a few of them. Choose the one you like.
- Keep your figure in mind and choose the one that will suit you. Like heavy brides should go for slim fit or straight cut dresses. For thin brides voluminous or dresses having flare are best. The bottom line is make you’re your dress compliment your figure as well.
- In the humdrum of choosing the most elegant dress make sure you do not overlook the comfort factor. Since, Indian weddings are very long wedding dress should be extremely comfortable so that bride can carry it well.